kbb2 is a non-profit organisation formed in 2002 to encourage manufacturers, developers, governments, renewable energy owners and individuals to promote and support wind energy development on the African continent more.
- 2007/08/17 conference announcement
Cape Town, November 5-6 2007
Biofuels projects are being reviewed and implemented across the African continent with South Africa leading the development. It has been suggested that Biofuels have the potential to produce 10% of South Africa’s petrol and diesel needs by 2010. Biofuels are seen as one of the biggest economic opportunities for Africa, especially for job creation in rural areas. Exciting developments in this respect are taking place across the continent.
Co-sponsored by the EU body, the Technical Centre for Agricultural and Rural Cooperation (CTA) the second annual Biofuels Markets Africa conference will build upon the success of last year's event which attracted over 200 industry executives from 24 countries across Africa, Europe, Asia and the Americas. Event Details
- 2007/08/17 conference announcement
Cape Town, November 14 - 15 2007
International Carbon Markets experts will meet in Cape Town to address the challenges and opportunities of launching new carbon mitigation projects in Africa.
This business networking event will bring together the worlds leading carbon consultants, brokers and financiers with African business. Africa has the potential to play a key role to in mitigating climate change and reducing greenhouse gases. Carbon Markets Africa will stimulate and bring new project developers and hosts to the forefront with the overall aim of increasing the size of the market. Event Details
- 2007/07/16 Request for expression of interest - Ethiopia Wind Power Project www.eepco.gov.et/Tender/contractor.html
- 2007/04/02 Update: 2nd conference and Exhibition on Renewable Energy 18-20 June 2007 in Algiers – Algeria www.ceer-algeria.com
- 2006/02/16 Natural Resources Canada's RETScreen International Clean Energy Decision Support Tools Free access to more that 700 files with wind and climate data, software tools, etc. click here
- 2005/10/05 Extension for Expression of Interest (Eritrea) Ext.pdf
- 2005/09/22 Invitation for Expression of Interest (Eritrea) Wind_Ene.pdf
- 2005/08/06 AFRICA'S RENEWABLE ENERGY SUSTAINABILITY GUIDELINES InWEnt download report as PDF (265 kB)
- 2005/08/01 press release - second-hand wind turbine installations in Morocco download press release PDF (129 kB)
- 2005/07/28 New WWEA position paper "Functioning of the EU electricity directive"
- 2005/07/20 Initiative for the future of kbb2 / Initiative pour l'avenir d'AfriWEA
- 2005/07/11 G8 Climate Change
- 2005/06/30 Practical training experience - InWEnt course for African paticipants in Germany
- 2005/06/21 The UNDP Facility - Activities and Opportunities in Africa
- 2005/05/04 Application for the position of "AfriWEA country representative" read
- 2005/04/28 Africa Energy Forum, Barcelona more
- 2005/04/13 Windhoek enters 'dark age' Power rations kick in www.namibian.com.na
- 2005/04 InWENT training »Wind turbines for decentralised power supply and grid connected wind farms« more
- 2005/04/06 HANNOVER FAIR 2005 (11 – 15 April) in Germany www.hannovermesse.de
One representative of kbb2 will support the World Wind Energy Association, please visit hall 13, stand B46
- 2005/03/02 First local wind farm gets to the nod www.busrep.co.za
- 2005/03/02 After four years, green light is given for wind energy farm
- 2005/03/23 Statements on German grid study
- »Within the framework of the TERNA wind energy programm of GTZ (Deutsche Gesellschaft für Technische Zusammenarbeit GTZ GmbH) a site selection mission was carried out in Ethiopia. The project in Ethiopia is executed jointly with EEPCo - Ethiopian Electric Power Company and co-finanzed by the Austrian Development Agency (ADA).
By end of February 2005, 11 wind measuring stations were installed at suitable sites for a wind park of approx. 50 MW. Both 10 m and 30 m towers were used; the first results are promising. After 6 months the best three sites will be selected for further studies.«reported by B. Jargstorf, Factor 4 Energy Projects GmbH
- The press release and conference resolution of the 3rd World Wind Energy Conference 2004 in Beijing, China are available as PDF-file: press release conference resolution
- In November 2003, kbb2 hosted the World Wind Energy Association Annual Conference in Cape Town, South Africa more.
Member of the World Wind Energy Association www.wwindea.org
Proudly sponsored by
Measuring equipment for climatic research and wind energy predictions