Presented by World Wind Energy Association www.wwindea.org and kbb2
The Minister of Minerals and Energy of South Africa, Ms PHUMZILE MLAMBO-NGCUKA, has announced during the World Summit on Sustainable Development in Johannesburg on 27 August 2002 that South Africa will host the World Wind Energy Conference and Exhibition 2003 in Cape Town 23-26 November 2003
|CTICC achieves record advance bookings
The Cape Town International Convention Centre (CTICC) has dramatically surpassed all anticipated conference booking expectations in advance of its opening.
Says Dirk Elzinga, managing director of the CTICC: »We have secured 134 conferences prior to opening of these 100 are international conferences. We anticipate an international daily delegate spend of 200 EUR, which means that these conferences will generate an estimated spend of almost 130-million EUR (R1,3-billion). This is a staggering figure and I am sure it is quite unprecedented for a newly-established meeting destination such as Cape Town.« The CTICC commemorated its booking success at a media briefing held at the inaugural international trade fair for the meeting industry, IMEX, in Frankfurt by announcing the World Wind Energy Conference as the 100th conference secured to date.
The World Wind Energy Conference and Exhibition will take place at the CTICC in November 2003, and is expected to attract in the region of 1000 delegates from more than 50 countries to Cape Town.
Celebrating the signing of the CTICC's 100th international conference were, from left, Preben Maegaard, founding president. World Wind Energy Association; Dirk Elzinga, managing director CTICC; and Herman Oelsner, vice-president. African Wind Energy Association.
WWEC 2003 proceedings are now available on CD-Rom and can be ordered at the WWEA and kbb2 Secretariat:
100 € for WWEA and kbb2 members / 150 € for non-WWEA members / 20 € for orders from Low Income Countries (World Bank criterion www.worldbank.org)
|WWEA Secretariat||kbb2 Secretariat|
Tel. +49-228-369 40-80
Fax +49-228-369 40-84
tel/fax +27 22 492 3095
- You can visit the World Wind Energy Conference and Renewable Energy Exhibition 2003 web page for more information.
- South African Department of Minerals and Energy: Green Power. Business Opportunities in South Africa for Renewable Energy Independent Power Producers 2003 (624 kB PDF)
- The full speech of the Minister of Minerals and Energy of South Africa, Ms PHUMZILE MLAMBO-NGCUKA, during the World Summit on Sustainable Development in Johannesburg on 27 August 2002. (27 kB PDF)
- South African Department of Minerals and Energy: Capacity Building in Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy. Baseline Study on Wind Energy in South Africa (266 kB PDF)
- Conference Resolution html and PDF (111 kB)
- more pictures