Online Resources and Websites
If you want to submit links please use this form or contact
- World Wind Energy Association
- German Wind Energy Association The largest national wind energy association
- DANISH WIND INDUSTRY ASSOCIATION a comprehensive overview of technical aspects of wind power
- Open Directory Project wind energy association
- artefact International Centre for Sustainable Development (Germany)
- The Folkecenter for Renewable Energy (Denmark)
- Mali Folkecenter (Mali)
- InWEnt Capacity Building International (Germany)
- Centre for Alternative Technology
Demonstrates practical solutions to environmental problems for the twenty-first century (United Kingdom)
- Sustainable Energy Africa Promotes sustainable energy approaches and practices in the development of South Africa and Africa. www.sustainable.org.za
- Center for Cultural Studies & Volunteering (Nepal) CCSV-Nepal is a Non-profit, Non-political, Non-governmental, Organization, providing Volunteering Opportunities and the best service to the people worldwide who want to enjoy a great experience by working as a volunteer in Nepal.
CCSV-Nepal provides volunteer opportunities in various areas such as Teaching English, Woman’s Empowerment Program, School and Community Maintenance, Health and Education/Internship, Orphanage/ Child Care Program, Cultural Exchange/Home-Stay Program and Environmental Awareness.
- ESKOM (South Africa)
- German Wind Energy Institute
- INENSUS Integrated Energy Supply Systems for decentralized applications, hybrid-system design, wind-diesel systems, isolated mini-grids with wind energy integration, wind monitoring
- NamPower (Namibia)
- Peters/Peterschmidt/Schmidt-Reindahl (cc)
- Selection of second-hand wind turbines
- mayor overhaul and logistics
- re-erection and integration into week grids
- PONS TECHNOLOGY (Cameroon)
Pons Technology wind Power is a company dedicated to the development of renewable energy in Africa through the development, operation and maintenance of windpower throughout Africa.
Our team has expertise and experience in the operation and maintenance of Wind Turbine.
Pons Technology offers "Turn Key" solutions on Renewable Energy Issues including Studies, Engineering, Supply, Installation, Testing and Commissioning.
Our scope of work is to offer highly reliable and productive Renewable Energy Systems (Photovoltaic Modules, Wind Turbines, Hybrid Systems etc.) at reasonable prices, along with full after sales support.
Vision Rwindalectric aspires to be the most innovative and invironmentally responsible firm in the Rwandan renewable energy sector.
Mission To exploit wind resources in strategic locations in the nation of Rwanda and provide wind-generated energy services to both rural and urban areas for intellectual and economic growth and improved health services.
- Sahara Wind www.saharawind.com
- Western Wind Energy Corporation
Website for the only publicly traded company whose sole purpose is the funding and establishment of wind energy facilities throughout North America.
- Arkadia wind energy associations
- Eco Business Links worldwide environmental directory
- Open Directory Project wind energy dmoz.org
Renewable energy courses of studies
- ROYAL INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY (Sweden) www.energy.kth.se
- Power Systems Engineering (Germany) Clausthal University of Technology offers a widespread studying program of energy conversion technologies and the economical background of power systems
- African Development Banks Group
General information about wind energy
- GTZ - TERNA Wind Energy Programme »GTZ is implementing the TERNA wind energy programme on behalf of the Federal German Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ). It aims to support partners in developing countries to plan and develop wind power projects.«
- International Network for Harmonised and Recognised Measurements in Wind Energy
- RENEWABLE ENERGY INFORMATION SYSTEM on INTERNET (Germany)
- 8Natural Resources Canada's RETScreen International Clean Energy Decision Support Tools Free access to more that 700 files with wind and climate data, software tools, etc.
- Risø National Laboratory Wind Energy Department (Denmark)
- Solar and Wind Energy Resource Assessment (SWERA) http://swera.unep.net/swera/index.php
- International Conference for Renewable Energies 2004 (Bonn, Germany)
- Hofmeyr Herbstein & Gihwala Inc Gary Moore, BA LLB (Witwatersrand) LLM (London), is an attorney practising in energy, mining, commodities, international trade and corporate services. He drafted the model windpower-purchasing contract, and its accompanying drafter's guide, for the United Nations Development Programme as part of its wind-energy programme for South Africa. Gary is a partner at the law firm Hofmeyr Herbstein & Gihwala Inc (Hofmeyr). Hofmeyr is one of the ten-largest law firms in South Africa, with offices in Sandton, Cape Town and Athlone, and offers a full range of legal services. contact: South Africa, Tel: (011) 286-1111, Fax: (011) 286-1258
- SGSL SHIPPING & LOGISTICS PVT LTD
Total Logistics Solutions, Services and Consulting for Wind Energy Logistics
- Windtech International is the worldwide information magazine for the wind energy industry. It provides the ideal forum for the promotion and explanation of new products, techniques and applications. This trusted and well-respected source of information is read regularly by an increasing readership. Windtech International gives topical overviews and the latest news and developments in the technology and management of wind energy activities. Windtech International seeks the opinion of leading professionals on the state of the market, technical issues and national and international policies. (Netherlands)
Ministries and Institutions
- Department of Mines and Energy (South Africa)
- Cape West Coast Biosphere Reserve (South Africa)
Cape West Coast Biosphere Reserve - Situated on route R27 on the West Coast near Cape Town, this is one of only 4 protected South African biospheres among the 459 so far declared globally by UNESCO's Man and the Biosphere Programme. This volunteer run Biosphere covers 378000 hectares of coastal lowland plains. It is unique in terms of its natural beauty, biodiversity, history, culture and location but the future of the area requires special management if it is to thrive.
Non-goverment and non-profit organisation
- Ngoclub.org (Russia)
"NGOclub.org" - international NGO club, - creative group of NG0 and people organisation created this club December, 2004 for coordinating programs oriented on perspective projects of NGO.
This programs and projects orient at poor countries, alternative sources of energies, ecology, some other fields, that ignores by local goverment.
Club promotes idea of NGO all over the world, using latest technology of PR, psy-sociology and experience of journalists, we focus our common energy on most hot point on Earth.
Pictures & Art
- WWEC2006 Wind Energy Children Drawings' Competition
- Wind pumping, A Handbook by Joop van Meel and Paul Smulders World Bank Technical Paper #101 ©1989 (10 MB PDF)
- ALIZES utiliser les énergies renouvelables pour fournir de l'eau potable et donc une meilleure santé au nord-ouest du Sénégal - this site describes the activities of the "Alizes" NGO program in Mauritania and Senegal. Alizes is a program using mainly windpumps for drinking waterwww.alizes-eole.com
- Ammonit Gesellschaft für Messtechnik mbH Since 1989 Ammonit GmbH has been developing and producing meteorological measuring equipment, with products ranging from wind computers for the investigation of potential sites for wind power generators, through to multichannel data loggers for all the measurements related to power generation and the complete range of data required in meteorology, climate research and monitoring. We specialise in precision data loggers and peripherals for wind energy prognoses. ... read more (Germany)
Wind turbine manufacturers
- Craftskills Enterprises
- Gamesa (Spain)
- GE Energy
- Siemens Wind Power
- superwind GmbH (Germany) small high quality wind generators for professional applications www.superwind.com
- Vestas Wind Systems
- African Rural Energy Enterprise Development (AREED)
Initiative of the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) to develop renewable energy enterprises in Africa
- ECODEV seeks to propagate sustainable use of natural resources, build a sustainable culture based on practical ecologically responsible resource use and implementing ecosystem - based conservation projects that provides for ecologically conscious community development.
- Ecologic Power - Your Guide to Renewable Energy
We provide articles related to renewable energy. Our articles are written with the intention of being easy to read and not full of facts that are hard to understand. We want to inform the public of the importance to reduce usage of fossil fuel derivate energy sources. Our concern for global warming is the driving force behind ecologic-Power.com.
- Energy through enterprise
- GTZ - TERNA Wind Energy Programme Technical Expertise for Renewable Energy Application
- International Energy Foundation (IEF)
The International Energy Foundation (IEF) is a non political, non governmental (NGO) non-profit making, group of scientists, researchers, engineers and others from around the world, working together. Our mission is to facilitate the exchange of research and technology in all areas of energy and environment with special emphasis on developing countries.
- International Network for Sustainable Energy
- Renewable Energy Portal Southern Africa
Renewable Energy Portal for Southern Africa covering Wind, Solar, Water and Bio energy
- Southern African Regional Poverty Network (SARPN)
- United Nations Development Programme
- Windfinder Find wind, waves & surf weather www.windfinder.com
- World Wind Energy Conference and Renewable Energy Exhibition 2003
- Wind Regimes of Africa Comparative Evaluation of Wind Data from Selected Countries. InWEnt Division Environment, Energy and Water
- Solar and Wind Energy Resource Assessment (SWERA)
- kbb2 brochure
- kbb2 constitution
- WHITE PAPER ON RENEWABLE ENERGY (South African Department of Minerals and Energy)
- Green Power. Business Opportunities in South Africa for Renewable Energy Independent Power Producers 2003 (South African Department of Minerals and Energy)
- Baseline Study on Wind Energy in South Africa Capacity Building in Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy. (South African Department of Minerals and Energy)
- Wind measurement for accurate energy prediction
- Measure du vent pour une prévision correcte de l'énergie
- 3rd World Wind Energy Conference 2004 (Beijing, China)
- Des rotors pour un air propre: l’éolien »Renewable Energy and Development«, Brochure to accompany the Mobile Exhibition on Renewable Energy in Ethiopia, financed by GTZ, executed by Ethiopian Rural Energy Development Centre (EREDPC) in 2004, by courtesy of the author B. Jargstorf, Factor 4 Energy Projects GmbH, translated by Annie Durel (1,2 MB)
Get the free Acrobat Reader
Suggest wind energy weblink for Africa
If you've read our previous Facebook post you would be familiar with what we have done during our planting event.... http://fb.me/3sh5jsQw8ELI Africa (@ELI_Africa) 21,12,2016Follow
During his impromptu visit to Kenya, Hopeful Africa founder, Moses, had the chance to see Daisy… https://www.instagram.com/p/BKYlcmPhJya/Hopeful Africa (@HopefulAfrica) 15,09,2016FollowUE à Djibouti (@UEaDjibouti) 16,01,2017