We are sorry, but for this country information is not available at the moment. If you have materials related to wind energy or are involved in the wind energy business in this country please contact the webmaster.
Renewable Energy Industries Association of Malawi (REIAMA)
As you are entering and celebrating the new year, 2006, festivities, you can give a meaningful gift that advance global sustainability and save the environment from further degradation by making contributions to REIAMA and participate in the promotion of renewable energy technologies. The use of Renewable energy technologies is becoming a global need to reduce emission of green gases that eventually negatively affects the ozone layer.
By the way did you know that Renewable Energy Industries Association of Malawi (REIAMA) is the only Organisation in Malawi advocating efficient and sustainable use of renewable energy technologies. REIAMA endeavours to protect the environment, and significantly contribute to reduction of green house gas emission, and brings water, light to remote villages/communities where there is no grid extension in an effort to assist the Government of Malawi to uplift the living standards of rural people.
Be Different by creating the better world you and your children/generation to come want to see.
As you are entering the new year please note that:
- In Malawi, only 6% of the 11million people has access to electricity, with only 1% of the rural people having access to electricity. The rural population constitutes 85% of the total Malawi population.
- Renewable energy technologies account for only 0.2% of the total energy contribution. The Malawi Government intends to increase renewable energy contribution to the energy mix to 5.5% by the year 2010.
- Light to the villages-With renewable energy technologies, villages can now enjoy lights during night, watch videos/TV, listen to radios, drink cold water and drinks from fridges, operate babershops, and charging batteries, etc.
- Portable and fresh water for villages-With Renewable energy technologies, villages can access portable and fresh water to villages, thereby reducing water borne dieses and the problems of getting water from nearby places by women and girl children
- Environmental Protection-Use of renewable energy technologies is a panacea for environmental degradation. Renewable energy projects make a deliberate intervention in protection of trees.
Take your part.
Become a REIAMA Member and/or contribute to any valuable things to REIAMA and further the Organisations aims and objectives. We will use these gifts for our renewable energy promotion projects.
Your becoming a member will increase the membership base and make the industry mature.
For further information please contact
- The Executive Director
- Phone: 265-01 750 551
Fax: 265-01 750 554